Jobs: Grant Writers Wanted
Jobs: Grant Writers Wanted
Now Hiring Grant Writers - Freedom Sings USA – an accredited non-profit providing creative arts health and wellness training for Veterans – is looking for an effective, professional-level Grant Writer with excellent research and communication skills.
Grant Writer(s) Wanted / Job Description
Freedom Sings USA – an accredited non-profit providing creative arts health and wellness training for Veterans – is looking for an effective, professional-level Grant Writer with excellent research and communication skills. The ideal candidate should be able to clearly communicate in well-crafted grant proposals as well as in presentations and verbal communication. The candidate will report to Freedom Sings USA’s founders, CEO, executive director and advisory board.
Please send Cover Letter, CV/Resumé and writing samples to Info@FreedomSingsUSA.org
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand the history, structure, objectives, programs and impact of Freedom Sings USA
- Research grant opportunities from federal, state, city and corporate agencies
- Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on grant requirements
- Submit grant proposals to committee for approval
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals
- Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and prospective fund providers
- Track and maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities
- Excellent knowledge of grant submission processes and strategies
- Proven record of grant writing experience (proposals and successes)
- Bachelor's degree or current student with strong communication skills
- Ability to study and understand programs and funding requirements of the organization
- Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources
- Multitasking, organizational, project and time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters with utmost integrity
- Working knowledge of computers (Mac or PC) and related software
– Negotiable. Based on performance
– Flexible schedule / Self-determined schedule
– Interested candidates, please send Cover Letter, CV/Resumé and writing samples to Info@FreedomSingsUSA.org
About Freedom Sings USA
Starting as a grassroots organization, we held our first Freedom Sings USA retreat for Veterans in 2014 and formally became an accredited, fully-operational 501c(3) in July of 2019. Since our accreditation, world events and politics have created unhealthy conditions for at-risk Veterans who are already dealing with trauma. Our organization has experienced a period of tremendous growth, but also an unprecedented demand for our creative arts health and wellness services.
Always here for Vets. Always free for Vets.
More than a song… We provide on-going music & creative arts wellness training for Veterans with injuries and trauma.
With the dedication and support of our Veteran leadership, artists, members, volunteers and donors, we have been able to reach thousands of Veterans across the country. In our free online and in-person classes, we are able to meet with a growing number of Veterans every week. And anytime day or night, if a Veteran needs to reach out, our member community, instructors and advisors are available to chat or to help them find emergency help if needed.
Healing Through Song, Creative Expression and Community! Veterans Helping Veterans
Along with our quarterly retreats and live events, our weekly classes provide Veterans with a place to meet with peers, to share experiences and to build friendships. They find a community of fellow Veterans with similar experiences. And they begin to see a path toward healing.
Veterans of all ages – from WW2 to current conflicts – are deal with a wide range of service-related injuries and mental health issues. There are no one-size-fits-all cures. But through music and arts wellness classes and exercises, they are able to find hope and encouragement. They are able to see a way forward — together, with friends, with a community of fellow Veterans who have their backs.
For more information, please send questions and comments to Info@FreedomSingsUSA.org
+ + +
Freedom Sings USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit based in Chattanooga and Nashville, Tennessee
Healing through the power of music.
Whether you're a veteran looking for a safe place to share your story, a songwriter who wants to help give a voice to those who have served, or an organization looking to support our efforts, we invite you to connect with us and find out how to get started.